Friday, February 17, 2012

LOTH-DIVINE OFFICE AND OTHER THINGS


OK, now I seem to have a mild sinus infection, something I probably picked up over at the nursing home last week.  I will start working on relieving the symptoms right away.  Actually I have started: I just blew my sinuses out with a mild vinegar and water nasal spray. If you should try this at home be well aware that vinegar, even in a mild spray, will sting.  So will OTC sprays because they are salt based.  So, throw caution to the wind and make it yourself...just don't say I didn't tell you up front!

This day was a shopping day and getting a few things on sale.  I got Chicken Noodle soup for .50 cents a can and dish detergent, 2  large bottles for $5.00 bucks.  Also got some candy for 88 cents a bag.  The candy will go to some of the residents over at the home...not for me.

As I did not sleep well last night and have a sinus kind of headache tonight, I guess I will go to bed "early."



I LIFT UP MY EYES TO THE MOUNTAINS:
FROM WHERE SHALL COME MY HELP?
MY HELP SHALL COME FROM THE LORD
WHO MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH.

Ps. 121: 1-2

The above psalm-vs. is only part of psalm 121 and is found in the Divine Office or Liturgy of the Hour, also known as LOHD.  Oh yes, it's in your Bible, too.  Imagine that!


END


  

No comments: