Thursday, February 23, 2012

Judge not...but I do...darn!

This week is traveling so fast that I have to run along side the calender in order to keep up with the days as they swiftly move along.  And I am not a fast runner.

I finally pulled a ten pound package of chicken legs out of the freezer, to thaw out.  It will get a little cooler and I will can the chicken.  I don't trust the coming season and don't want to lose all the meat in the freezer(s).  We have had several tornado watches up in the past few days and it isn't even March yet.  I want to can as much as the meat as possible.

Now that it is Lent I am getting more things done that needed to addressed.  Not that I have taken up "work" for a Lenten penance, but it all seems to fall into place, which is good.  I think I should have Lent all year long!

I finally got some of the Christmas wrappings put in to the back store room and am going through more things to take to the Salvation Army.  Several decorative tins will find a way out of here as they serve no purpose and take up needed space.  Someone else may have a use for them.

This afternoon was so nice that I went out and picked up all my neighbor's trash that has blown into the yard.  The plum tree is trying to bud and a few volunteer onions are sticking up out of the ground.  I saw a beautiful red, female Cardinal in the grape vines picking off the tiny, leftover grapes from last fall.  And the Crocuses are trying to bloom, too.  All of these things are just a little early, but nature can not be deterred and will do what it wants.

I will soon remove myself from face book as it is a huge waste of time and not very "private."  It is actually a gaping invitation for anyone to find you and invade your personal privacy and space.  If I can find your name or the name of your friends, I can then, with the aid of a couple of programs track you down an find out everything about you.
Don't really want that.  In this technical world, there are no secrets or personal privacy.  Nothing is sacred and everything about a person can be reveled.  So, don't do anything that I wouldn't do!

I have been trying to work up the courage to take some pictures of my neighbor's yard.  Now I know why some people call us "rednecks."  It is more than interesting.  Opposed to the pictures that were posted last night, they are not "poor," but perhaps poor in spirit. In a few days (when they are away) I will try to get some pictures.  I guess I shouldn't judge, but is is hard not to.

DO NOT JUDGE
THAT YOU
MAY NOT
BE JUDGED.

Matt 7:1

END










  •  

No comments: