Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Vessels of Clay

I had all my testing done at the eye doctor's today.  I have lost a little of the peripheral vison in the upper part part of the right eye, but nothing drastically so, that I can't drive or see  what I need to see.  I am getting a new pair of glasses, too.  I have not changed my glasses for quite some time and the lenses are getting old and the transitional coating is coming off.  Basically, the new glasses are pretty much the same prescription as the one's I wear.  I will also get new lenses put into the old frames that I wear now, as a back-up pair.

I did go to the Golden Coral for a late lunch after I was finished at the doctor's office.  Tomorrow it will be back to the diet.  Even though I eat out occ. I do not stray to far from my dietary path.  It takes a lot of discipline and effort, esp. when I see all those good deserts.

My doctor and I got to talking about his missionary trip to Guatemala.  He has been to every country in South America except for Bolivia.  We talked about Jamaica, too, and my friend's trip there.  He has never been there, either.  He is now thinking about making that his next mission trip as another Dr. has invited him to go there several times.

So, that is what and where my day has been spent and doing.  Not too adventure filled and nothing exciting.  Somehow the time passes rather quickly in spite of my innate laziness.  And the weather today has me thinking about a garden...just thinking about it is hard work!

 ****

BUT WE CARRY
THIS TREASURE
IN VESSELS
OF CLAY, TO SHOW
THAT THE ABUNDANCE
OF POWER IS GOD'S
AND NOT OURS.

Corinthians 4: 7

Here, Paul is saying that the Christian ministry is carried and preached by frail human beings-that's us. Read more of Paul's letter for a better-clearer understanding.

END


No comments: