Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pickin up stiicks after the storm.

Yes, the Commonwealth of Kentucky is still on the map.  A little battered and worse for wear in some places, but still very viable and strong.  There was some damage  here and there along the Ohio, and a couple of injuries, but nothing on the scale of what has occurred west of here, a bit to the south and some to the east of "here."  And as usual, I slept through it.  Sometimes it is better not to be aware or to know, what Mother Nature is up to.

I have been cutting up chicken and removing the skins and fat.  The cut pieces are back in the refrigerator and I will can the  meat tomorrow.  The fat, skin and bones are cooling in the pressure cooker.  I will also can homemade broth from the remnants of this chicken caper.  The hardest part is done and the big canner will do the rest.


It got up to 70 degrees today, yet I felt cold and clammy from the dampness and humidity.  When we get strange weather like this I become aware that I have two plates, 5 pins and a screw in my right arm/elbow.  In other words, it annoys me.  Poor little me.  Now the temperature is dropping to a more sane level for this time of the year.  However, there is another storm coming...just like the one that just blew in and out again.  Mother Nature has truly lost all her marbles.

I haven't done a lot today.  I watched TV more than I should have because of all the weather havoc.  About the only thing I did today, other than mutilate 10 pounds of chicken, was to wash a load of cloths and wash dishes.  Oh, I did clean up the mess I made when I preformed surgery on our poor feathered friends.  Messy me. Now I am a chicken surgeon.  Watch out, chickens of the world!!

****

JESUS ANSWERED THEM
(speaking to the Jews)
"AMEN, AMEN.
I SAY TO YOU,
EVERYONE WHO
COMMITS A SIN
IS A SLAVE OF SIN."

St. John 8:34

This is just one verse in Ch. 8 where Jesus is speaking to the Jews, those that believed in him and wanted to follow him.  Read all of Chapter 8 if you can.  Oh, go ahead, it won't hurt you.

END 










No comments: