Friday, February 3, 2012

VERBLE CRUCIFIXION

My early thoughts and inclinations were not to bother with this post today.  Today was a day of verbal crucifixion, persecution and hate, directed right to me...and all because I said that I hated the usage of the famous four letter word.

These are the times we find out how strong our faith is...or weak.  I am certain that the three individuals from facebook would have nailed me to a cross, if at all possible, and joyfully pounded in the spikes  Their attacks upon me and what I believe in were pretty bad and foul in language and content.  I was really hit hard by the verbal abuse, more so because they are "family."  I can't really tell you how vicious they became.  I have deleted them and banned them as harassing, which they were.  I decided that no one was going to run me off and I will stick to my conviction that facebook is not the place for vulgarities.

So, I was really feeling pretty low until my big brother in Texas called and gave me moral support.  He saw what was written and was upset that "family" could be so vicious.

Will I get over it?  Yes, but I think it will take awhile.  In the meantime I will continue to hate that four letter word that is used so frequently and without thought of its meaning.  I think the so called "now or me" generation has really fell far from any spiritual or inner awareness.

No, I am not shocked by that particular word.  I grew up in house with six brothers and four sisters, so I have heard it all esp. in the working world.  It is just so inappropriate in mixed company or in any social setting.  Even if you have a PhD in street life or academics... you don't sound any smarter when you limit your vocabulary.  You know the adage of computer users: garbage in, garbage out.

So, this is my sad story of the day.  I made myself smile, turn on the computer, and write this post, bearing in mind that Christians all over the world are being attacked in one form or another...often in a violent, deadly manner.  No, I don't like it, but I accept it and consider it one small station on The Way of the Cross.


END

No comments: