Wednesday, February 22, 2012

If you think your poor....

Ash Wednesday is over.  I got smudged.  Church was packed.  All of us sinners were there!  I heard it was packed for the 7 A. M. mass, as well.  Now it is forty days and forty nights...

I am a little tired so I guess I will got to bed early...well, early for me, anyway.

There was a little hale in parts of KY.  I did not really feel the earthquake.  It was like a little bump in the night.  I thought I heard thunder, and then the bump.  I turned over and went back to sleep. I guess the quake was felt in 13 states.  I am something of a pragmatist: if God's gonna get me, God's gonna get me.

A friend just came back from a mission trip to Jamaica where she and 11 others spent a week building chicken coups and supplying baby chickens.  They also went to a nursing home where they take in throw away elderly people.  It is a home in desperate need of anything and everything.  Jamaica is an extremely poor country.  Our poor are rich in comparison.  We are a nation of complainers for the most part.  We do have our poor, but seldom do we throw away the sick, infirm and the old.  Makes  you think.


HOME, SWEET HOME

END

No comments: