Thursday, March 1, 2012

Peace and Prosperity

It turned out to be a beautiful day...a little cooler, but pretty nice for the first day of March.  There is another storm due in the early morning hours and on the same track as the storm of Tues.  The morning storm is supposed to bring hail and wind.  Then there is another to follow in the afternoon, but not as severe.  We just don't need any more storms right now.

I canned about four quarts of chicken this afternoon.  This is after getting rid of the skin and fat.  It started off as four quarts, but in the processing it is a little less in each jar.  Thus, the results of ten pound of chicken.  There is still ten pounds in the freezer.  I will get to that, too.  Anything canned will outlast any of the times when the power might go down.

So, that has been the bulk of my day.  A little work here and there; sit and rest here and there, and read a book while watching the gauge on the canner.  I will leave the canner  and equipment out as I will do some more canning.

There is just nothing on TV and that is why I picked up a book from the library.  I almost could mow the yard-that is how much the "grass"-weeds are growing.  The prune tree is in bud-way too early, too.  Day light savings time starts on March 11 this year, also too early.  Oh well.

***
MAY PEACE BE WITHIN YOUR WALLS
PROSPERITY IN YOUR BUILDINGS.
BECAUSE YOU ARE MY RELATIVES
AND FRIENDS I WILL SAY,
PEACE BE WITHIN YOU.
BECAUSE OF THE HOUSE
OF THE LORD, OUR GOD,
I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR GOOD.

Psalms  121: 6, 8, 9

****

Do you do this?  Do you wish and pray for the good of your friends and relatives? 

END







No comments: