Saturday, March 17, 2012

Another day is done.

Saturday is just about gone and has taken all the little Leprechauns and gremlins with it.  It was a good day for the Irish as the weather was really nice.  We did have a little shower in the late afternoon which hardly got the windshield wet.  Just smeared.

I cooked the roast and the two steaks in the pressure cooker this eve.  Now I won't need to cook after church.  I may add a salad tomorrow; you know the kind-it comes in a box!

I bought some candy for some of the residents at the home which I will take over tomorrow.  The elderly can not get out all that often so they are happy to get some little thing or a little candy now and then.

I actually got a blouse buttoned up today.  It is still a little tight yet, and I need to lose some more-or a lot, before I can fit into some of my cloths again.  I won't wear the blouse for a while as I don't want my belly to be all that noticeable!  Time is passing and I hope the weight goes with it.  Pass it on to someone else.

In the meantime there isn't much to write about as I do live a kind of sedate life-not too exciting!

+++

I SEE HIS BLOOD
UPON THE ROSE
AND IN THE STARS,
THE GLORY
OF HIS EYES
HIS BODY GLEAMS
AMID ETERNAL
SNOWS,
HIS TEARS FALL
FROM THE SKIES.
I SEE HIS FACE
IN EVERY FLOWER;
THE THUNDER
AND SINGING
OF THE BIRDS
ARE BUT HIS VOICE-
CARVEN BY HIS POWER.
ROCKS ARE HIS
WRITTEN WORD.
ALL PATHWAYS
BY HIS FEET ARE WORN,
HIS STRONG HEART
STIRS THE EVER
BEATING SEA.
HIS CROWN OF THORNS
IS TWINED
WITH EVERY THORN,
HIS CROSS IS EVERY TREE.

by Joseph M. Plunkett.

++++

I thought you might enjoy this poem.  It is in the back of my prayer book.  It is a little long, but really nice-good. You do have time to read it, don't you?  You will see a couple words that seem to be miss-spelled, but that is how the author wrote the poem.


END


No comments: