Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"THIS DAY GOD MADE..."

Last evening I told myself that I would get a lot done today.  Well, I did.  I got up!  Actually my inner clock is not working according to my desires.  I do not want to wake up at 5 A. M.  I want to sleep.  I don't have to get up.  I am retired.  Tell my primitive brain/alarm clock that.  I did read that the older you become...the less sleep you need.  That might be true, but I don't have to enjoy sleeplessness, esp. since I seldom go to bed before 12 midnight and usually later.  No, I am not staying up to watch TV.  There is nothing to watch.

I finished off the yard work this afternoon and pulled a few more weeds.  Then I just sat on the back porch and drank a Coke and absorbed the sun.  I seem to be getting a tan in March.  It isn't too hot out so it is enjoyable to work and sit in the sun.  My big sister Beverly can tell you that I was an outdoor kind of kid and where ever my brothers and sister Betsy happened to be, I was right there trying to tag along.  Of course, they didn't want me to be a tag along, but there I was!

The nice weather we have been gifted with is about to pack up it's ribbons and bows and party on out of here, bringing on rain, thunder and lightning.  OK, that sounds like a rousing good time to me.  Party on, Mother Nature!!

I am pretty glad in one way that tomorrow is supposed to be a soaker.  I have worked fairly hard these past several days and I am tired-ready to rest in spite of that infernal, internal alarm clock.  I think the spring has sprung and is dysfunctional.  Bad Clock-very bad.

+++
MEM

HOW I LOVE YOUR LAW,
O LORD!
IT IS MY MEDITATION
ALL THE DAY.
YOUR COMMAND
HAS MADE ME WISER
THAN MY ENEMIES,
FOR IT IS EVER
WITH ME.

Psalms 118: 97-98

END

I know that you have heard the expression "You are your own worst enemy."  This is true for me as I am always sticking my foot in my mouth or tripping over my tongue.  I try not to be my own demise in the social graces, but charm and discretion sometimes escapes me.  I often forget to lock the cage of verbosity...aka... "big mouth."   I wish I could..I know I should, take Pslam 118 to heart and live by it.  Sigh...I try.  By the way, I have taken Psalm 118 a little out of context so you may wish to read all of it.

THE REAL END



No comments: