Saturday, March 31, 2012

TWO LITTLE FROGS

READ THE POEM AT THE BOTTOM

Nope.  I didn't win the lottery...did you?  What would I do with all that money other than run for my life?

Didn't do much today.  Too lazy.  Washed another load of cloths, went to the Dollar Store and then to the Chinese Restaurant. Watched a little TV of and on, but there is very little that interest me. 

I have ants in my pants.  Not really.  I have ants in the bathroom.  I don't know where they are coming from.  I keep spraying, but they keep coming back.

For the past three days the weather man has said there would be rain and there was, but I slept through it so it couldn't have been much of a storm.

I guess the police had my neighbor and his truck under their lights because there was a hit and run by a small pick-up.  The kid that was hit will be OK, but the driver left him injured in a ditch.  Anyway, my neighbor has a BIG truck so I guess it wasn't him.

Some one is to come on Monday to fix the attic vent that blew in during a storm a couple weeks ago.  I hope he shows up.  Actually he is pretty reliable, but expensive.


Two frogs fell into a can of cream
or so it has been told.
The sides of the can were shinny and steep,
the cream was deep and cold.
"Oh, what's the us," said number one's,
"It"s plain no help's around."
"Good-bye my friend, good-bye sad world"
and weeping still he drowned.

But number two, of sterner stuff,
dog paddled in surprise.
The while he licked his creamy lips
and blinked his creamy eyes.
"I'll swim at least a while," he thought,
or so it has been said.
It really wouldn't help the world
if one more frog were dead.

An hour or more he kicked and swam,
not once he stopped to mutter.
Then he hopped out from the island
he had made...of fresh churned butter.

author unknown.


Don't you enjoy a good, silly poem that also makes a point and gives us a little direction in our daily struggles in living life?  And we all have struggles just as Job did.  Remember him?  The point or lesson is that we should never give up, never give in, keep kicking with love and fidelity until we form our own safe place in the Lord.  Make butter.



END



















No comments: