Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Books to read for fun and enlightenment

I finished the book I was reading; a really good adventure fiction by Clive Cussler with Grant Blackwood.  Clive Cussler always sets forth a good novel and without foul words or the indication of risque behaviour.  Give me a good book and the peace and quiet for reading and I am a happy reader, lost in the pages of adventure.

It was a nice, sunny day, but a little chilly.  I had to go back to the eye Dr. and pick out different frames for my new glasses.  The frames that I had chosen were not good for the lenses that I am getting.  I asked for glass lenses rather than plastic because plastic scratches.  Apparently glass is to heavy for the frames I wanted.  Well, you can't have everything.  The new glasses should be in on Friday or thereabouts.

I am trying to get a handyman to come and repair the attic vent that blew in-during the storm on Friday.  It won't take long to do, but it is wide open to the wind, rain and all the little critters and birds that live in my tree.  Besides that, I don't want an attic full of bats.

There isn't much else going on and I like it that way.  I guess that tomorrow I will get out into the yard and pick up sticks/small branches and twigs.  It is supposed to rain on Thursday.  I hope the vent into the attic is closed up by then.

****

LET NOTHING DISTURB THEE,
LET NOTHING AFFRIGHT THEE;
ALL THINGS ARE PASSING;
GOD NEVER CHANGESTH;
PATIENT ENDURANCE
ATTAINETH ALL THINGS;
WHO GOD POSSESSETH
IN NOTHING IS WANTING;
ALONE GOD SUFFICETH.
****


The poem/poetry above is taken from the payer book/Breviary of Saint Teresa.

See: I do read  "stuff" other than good adventure stories!


BUT I TRUSTED IN THEE,
O LORD;
I SAID, THOU ART MY GOD.
MY TIMES ARE IN
THY HANDS:
DELIVER ME FROM
THE HANDS OF
MINE ENEMIES,
AND FROM THEM
THAT PERSECUTE ME.

Ps. 31: 13-15

****

I know that I have said this before:  Christianity is under attack from all quarters.  The leaders of the attacks and the constant undermining of Christian morality and principles is our own government and the media.  It has been estimated that England will not be a Christian nation by 2030.  That is less than 20 years from now.  Can we be far behind?  Would you take a stand for what you proclaim to be now..or in the future.  I wonder...I wonder if any of us will...



END








No comments: