Saturday, March 24, 2012

ROBED IN SPLENDOR


I was out doing various things today.  I stopped at Holy Name and bought a few books at their annual book sale.  Now all I need to do is read them.

I went to the Dollar Gen. store and then to the The Dollar Tree and got some things for the resident at the home.  They love that stuff...don't we all!  I am back on my boiled egg diet.  One proper meal, then a boiled egg or Oatmeal.  It does get boring, though.

I have been hunting in the closet again, trying to find cloths that will fit me that I can wear to church.  I have several "almost" blouses, but not quite.  That gets boring, too.  We are supposed to be like the birds of the air and not worry about our remnant, but of course, those words were spoken by a man...Jesus.  So, like most women I do have that touch of vanity.  "Oh, what will I wear today?"

IF THERE IS
A NATURAL BODY,
THERE IS ALSO
A SPIRITUAL BODY.
SO IT IS WRITTEN.
"THE FIRST MAN ADAM
BECAME A LIVING
SOUL"
THE LAST ADAM
BECAME
A LIFE GIVING SPIRIT.

1 Cor. 15: 44.


I'm not sure how to number this passage as there is a verse right before verse 44, but I'm sure that you can find it.  I think that the Paul's letter to the Corinthians is telling us in effect, not to consider what the mortal body looks like, but to be concerned about what our immortal body-spirit will become, and that we shall cloth ourselves in glory and splendor upon our own resurrection.  I hope this makes sense to any reader as I am not very good in putting my thought to words.

END





No comments: