Friday, March 9, 2012

JUDGEMENT CANDY...I HAVE IT.

A nice, sunny day even though it was a little cool.  It remained in the low 50's and it supposed to be in the 20's overnight.  Next week is supposed to be like the month of May...or so the weatherman says.  I am ready for some nice spring-like days.  I really do need to mow the grass even though I don't want to start this early.  Who wants to mow the grass in March?

I got a little gas this afternoon...and I do mean little.  $15.00 will get me around the block a couple of times.  If you really think the economy is getting better you will get warts on your tongue for lying to yourself or you have been sniffing too much pixel dust off your computer. 

I got some hamburgers out of the freezer to thaw out.  They are not the "pink slime" kind.  I have had them in the freezer for a while and it is time to use them.  I took a loaf of bread out the freezer, too.  It looks like it got run over by a big Mack truck.  I will use it up in some manner or an other. 

So...who wants to come help me paint next week if the weather stays nice?  No one?  Well, that's just what I figured!  I guess it will be a do it myself project!

I shopped a little this afternoon.  I didn't buy much as I do not really need a lot.  I need to use up what I have.  And I cheated on my diet this afternoon.  I bought a dark chocolate bar with peanuts.  I ate about half of it.  Sometimes I crave some of the foods that I have given up in order to diet.  I can go so long and then I have to cheat and be happy!

****

OWE NO MAN ANYTHING
EXCEPT TO LOVE
ONE ANOTHER;
FOR HE WHO LOVES
HIS NEIGHBOR
HAS FULFILLED
THE LAW.

Romans 13: 8

****

LOVE DOES NO EVIL
TO A NEIGHBOR.
LOVE THEREFORE
IS THE FULFILLMENT
OF THE LAW.

Romans 13: 10

****

I will be the first to say that I am pretty judgmental of others and their activities, moral lassitude or general behaviour.  I try not to be, but it is always a struggle to rise above my frail  nature.  It must be something in my DNA or genetic makeup.  You would think that at my age I would have conquered such character weaknesses and lack of Christian virtues, but I haven't.  Still working on it.  It is like dieting.  You make a little progress and then you tend to slide back a little  "Oh, just a little piece of candy won't hurt."  But it does.

END 



No comments: