Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WALKING THE LINE

I have had the doors and windows open again, letting in the fresh air.  I have two fans on and am comfortable.  I went out and pulled a few weeds along the base of the grape vine and around the Hibiscus plant that is poking up very quickly.  And I sat on the porch and just enjoyed the nice weather.  The days are just right; warm and sunny, without humidity. 

There just isn't much to write about on a Monday.  The week is just getting started.  I'm sure that something will pop up in my brain tomorrow.

+++

LOVE JUSTICE,
YOU WHO JUDGE
THE EARTH;
THINK OF THE LORD
IN GOODNESS,
AND SEEK HIM
IN INTEGRITY
OF THE HEART;
BECAUSE HE IS FOUND
BY THOSE WHO
TEST HIM NOT,
AND HE MANIFESTS
HIMSELF TO THOSE
WHO DO NOT
DISBELIEVE HIM.

++++
Wisdom 1:1-2

We seek justice of ourselves, but do we seek it for others?  And we all test or try to test God at one time or another in our lives; don't say you don't...I won't.  We are all human and have our times of doubt and ethical frailness.  It's hard to walk the straight and narrow, especially in our modern culture.  We each have a path to follow and how we walk the line determines who we are and where we are going.  Whenever you are in doubt re-read The Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes and try to abide by them.


END

No comments: