Friday, March 16, 2012

I cheated.  I ate 5 chocolate covered Cherries.  Since I didn't eat much else, I hope the "damage" was minimal.  It's hard, you know.  I did get a roast and a couple steaks out for tomorrow.  Maybe they will quell my appetite or cravings for yummy stuff.

I went to the library and picked up a coupe of books to read.  One book is about apologetics by Steven K. Ray.  It is a book that goes through the history of the early church's foundations and traditions.  It is titled  Upon this Rock and deals with Saint Peter and the Primacy of Rome in scripture and of the early church.  Despite being know as apololgetic literature, it is not about being sorry...aka...apologetic.  Rather, it gives the reader a better understanding of the Catholic faith and from whence it claims it's authority.  It is not a book for everyone and is not "lite" reading, but very interesting because every thing the Catholic church teaches is backed up and verified by scripture.   Most Protestants or Baptist (and some of you won't like this) and even most Catholics do not really know much about church history.  It is pretty interesting reading.

The other book I checked out was for pure entertainment.  There just isn't much on TV that is worth watching 'though I am sure many would disagree with me.  Well, that's OK.  Fill your head with junk TV; I do that occasionally, too.  After all, I am not an intellectual and need a little stale bread to chew on every now and then...or too often.

I did a little shopping and spent just over $9.00 bucks.  I did forget a couple of items.  I want to get more eggs before the price spikes in a couple of weeks, for Easter.  Eggs are already high enough, as is everything.

+++

THERE IS A VANITY
WHICH OCCURS
ON EARTH:
THERE ARE JUST MEN
TREATED AS THOUGH
THEY HAD DONE
EVIL AND WICKED MEN
TREATED AS THOUGH
THEY HAD DONE JUSTLY..
THIS, TOO,
I SAY IS VANITY.

Eccl. 8: 14

+++

Don't we all know men and women like these?  Movie stars, politicians, bankers and more: persons of power, wealth and authority ?  Can an honest man become a President?  Probably not.  It is all about who has the most money or the biggest club.  How big is your club and how deep are your pockets?  While scriptures are not an outright condemnation of such material and financial attributes, there are strong  teachings against it as such vanities breed contempt for man and God. "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get to heaven." 



END







No comments: