Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HUMBLE CHARITY IS QUIET: WITHOUT NOISE

Oh no!  I fell down on the job.  I meant to write out some thoughts with paper and pen, but didn't get to it.  I did get a lot of work done 'though, even with a work a little, rest a little kind of persistence mode.  Hey, I am not a a spring chicken, you know! Now that the good weather is here there is lots to do and "THE HARVEST IS GRATE AND THE WORKERS (ME ) ARE FEW."  I did mow again as the grass is growing faster than I am, and I trimmed one small grape vine.  Tomorrow it will be the front yard that gets a manicure.  I do have to divide the yard work as the back yard is fairly time consuming.  After the outside is spiffy it will be inside to spiff-icate  Like my new word?  SPIFFICATE!  It is supposed to rain on my parade so inside work can have my attention on Thursday or whenever Mother Nature rings my doorbell.

I've been on a Popcorn kick.  There isn't a lot of calories in the brand I buy and it fills me up nicely.  I get the Pop Weaver brand of Popcorn as it is low in fat and cholesterol and comes out to about 200 cal. per whole bag.  And it is good, too!  I think I am down another pound, but not sure.  If it stays down for a couple of days then I will count it as another pound off.  Ah, the day in the life of a short, chubby person!

+++

WATCH, STAND FAST
IN THE FAITH,
ACT LIKE MEN,
BE STRONG.
LET ALL
THAT YOU DO
BE DONE
IN CHARITY.
+++

1 Cor. 16: 13-14

Scriptures also tell us that when we do a good work or an act of charity that the one hand should not know what the other hand is doing.  We are entreated not to brag or advertise what we give or are doing. For the sake of our own self edification, seeking fame, glory or recognition for what we perceive as pleasing to God, may not be so pleasing after all.  We are not to tell the world or those around us, but to quietly give or do what is expected if we are humble Christians. 

END

 



I

No comments: