Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mowing in March and Prophecy

OK, I mowed the grass in March.  I think a few other people did the same thing.  I got the back yard done and tomorrow I hope to finish up in the front.  The front is a little harder to do and I need to do some sprucing up here and there.  You should see the Plum tree; I wish you could.  It is snow-white with blossoms and alive with honey bees.  I wish I knew where the hive is located-I do like honey!

I spent most of the day outside doing yard work...work a little, rest a lot.  Having a mower with an electric start is so good and makes my arm happy because I don't have to yank a cord to get the mower going. 

I worked hard enough and long enough that I didn't want to cook.  I climbed into the van and went to the sub shop and got a couple subs to go...and ate both of them.  And believe it or not, I got a slight tan this day of 78 degrees!  A beautiful day and no humidity!

My neighbors across the ally decided to do a little sun worshiping and got their lawn chairs out and the pads they lay on for that beach effect.  They didn't stay out long so the couldn't have gotten very much sun.  Thus went the day.  A day in the sun and a day of visible results is a day well spent, in my book!  Tomorrow I willl do it again and we are supposed to break a record of 80 degrees!
WHEN I WAS A CHILD
I SPOKE AS A CHILD,
I FELT AS CHILD,
I THOUGHT
AS A CHILD.
NOW THAT I HAVE
BECOME A MAN,
I HAVE PUT AWAY
THE THINGS OF A CHILD.

1 Cor. 11-2

This a continuation of what I posted last night.  I suppose what it is saying in essence is "grow up" and grow in the spirit of Christ.

AIM AT CHARITY
YET STRIVE
AFTER SPIRITUAL
GIFTS,
ESPECIALLY THAT
YOU MAY PROPHECY

1 Cor. 14: 1

++++

The gift of prophecy is a gift I wouldn't care for as I think it would be a heavy burden to see...hear...know...or preach what may be coming.  (I am such a coward) This vs. continues and says that to speak in tongues is to speak to God.  Again, a gift that I would not wish upon myself, for I speak to God in my own way, effective or not, I do not know.  I wonder if we really get to chose in spite of free will.  I kind of think we get what we get....what God wills for us.  What do you think?

END

No comments: