Friday, March 30, 2012

Pruning for the Spirit.

Did you get a lottery ticket?  I'll bet that you did.  Everyone did.  I did.  The chances of winning are nearly non-existent.  But for $2.00 I will take a chance.  Of course it is gambling, but we gamble every day.  The minute you get into your car or drive down the street you are taking a chance.  So for a couple dollars I will-did-take another chance.

I stayed in today.  I did a little vacuuming and did a few cloths.  I need to do a lot more.  If I were to win the lottery(fat chance)or even 1 percent, I could hire a maid.

This afternoon I put a roast into the pressure cooker.  it turned out well.  I do love that pressure cooker.  Add the roast to the food from the Deli and I am a happy camper.

The sirens were going off a short time ago for an incoming thunder storm.  Last night I was awakened by bright lights  strobbing in the window.  I got up and looked out the window and it was a police car in front of my house.  I thought they were coming to take me away.  Nope, they had the guy next door.  I would really like to get out of this area as it has changed so much and not for the better.

+++

I AM THE TRUE VINE,
AND MY FATHER
IS THE VINE DRESSER.
EVERY BRANCH IN ME
THAT BEARS NO FRUIT
HE WILL TAKE AWAY:
AND EVERY BRANCH
THAT BEARS FRUIT
HE WILL CLEANSE,
THAT IT MAY BEAR
MORE FRUIT.
YOU ARE ALREADY
CLEAN
BECAUSE OF THE WORD
I HAVE SPOKEN
TO YOU.
John 15: 1-3
+++

This verse may not seem to be in sync with the Lenten Spirit, but it does speak of a cleansing...as we are cleansed by the Word of God. It also makes me think of a grape vine that I removed the other day because it is in a bad spot.  Next to go are the Blueberry plants that have never produced.  If we, His creations, do not produce, we also will be pruned.  We all have something, a small spiritual gift or charisma, that we can offer in His name, and I try to think of this poor blog as a little fruit of the vine and hope the Lord finds it acceptable.  I know it isn't much, but is an effort.

END









No comments: