Friday, March 30, 2012

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Am I good to go now?  I did take the van in.  The a/c will blast you right out of the front seat.  I also got a new battery.  It had the original battery in it from when I bought the van.  That makes it about 7 1/2 years old and getting weaker.  As I did not want to be stranded somewhere...anytime soon...or later, it was replaced.  So I am good to go, but the price of gas leaves me with no where to go...at least not very far.

I went to the store for some groceries.  Milk is always on my list.  I got stuff from the Deli as I don't want to cook.  I did get a frozen pizza which I will "tweak" and than put in the oven at a later date.  It only cost .99 cents so I will add a few things to it and make it better.

Yesterday when I was at the Home watching the floor. I knew something was about to make a lot of people sad and teary eyed.  As the residents and their families were all called in for the big meeting, it wasn't hard to add two and two and come up short.  They said the closing was in large part due to lack of vocations(young nuns)and the high cost of maintenance.  Without doubt, both are factual, but I think it was also some financial concerns, too.  The more Obama cuts and guts Medicare and Medicaid, the harder it gets for nursing homes to keep the doors open.  Still, it is a sad day when a home that has a 130 year history must shutter and close and shunt the residents off to other homes.   Some will pass away before the final nail is set around Dec. 31.  I am sure that the Sisters thought about it long and hard before making the decision because they looked sad and grim, too.

So, today I did what needed to be done, or some of it, here in my domicile.  There are always things that need to be done,
 that are not done....waiting, waiting like the dust under the bed or the spider in it's web.  Usually when the house looks awful some one comes and shows up at the door.  I am gonna lock the door, turn off all the lights and pretend that I am a hermit...or would that be a hermit-iss?  Hmm.

+++

FOR IN THE SPIRIT
WE ARE ALL BAPTISED
INTO ONE BODY,
WHETHER JEWS
OR GENTILES,
WHETHER SLAVES
OR FREE,
AND WE ARE ARE
GIVEN TO DRINK
OF ONE SPIRIT.
FOR THE BODY
IS NOT ONE MEMBER
BUT MANY.

2 Cor. 12: 13-14

+++

The Holy Father-the Pope-you know, the guy with the big hat, long shepherds staff, and leader of the Catholic Church, exhorts us to evangelize.  As I am a poor speaker and even poorer thinker, this is my feeble effort to do so.  I hope that it is not such a puny effort that it reaches no one.  It gives me a little courage as I see some readers that keep coming back from various countries.  God keep and bless all that labor under a heavy yoke.  God bless THIS country...that does not know how to count it's own blessings and keep it free.  I fear for my own nation which is giving up so much of it's religious liberties without even realizing it, with hardly a whimper.

END

P.S Is counting your blessings a lost art/prayer?

Just a euphemism?









No comments: