Wednesday, March 7, 2012

God Has Garden

Working outside yesterday has caused my sinuses to be in a drippy, nasal congestion, funky kind of mode.  I went to the store and got de-congestion tablets, but won't take any until bedtime.   They make me drowsy.  If I am going to sleep, I prefer to do my snoring at night.

I did a little bit outside this afternoon, but not much.  There are things to do, but it will rain tonight and this March day was  around 73 degrees and rapidly moving on.  Today we saw it, tomorrow we won't.

As I have a head full of allergies and a headache to go with it, so I won't write much tonight.  Oh, springtime, what you bring with it.  Thanks a lot ol' Mudder Nature.  Sniff, sniff.  Blow,  sniff.


THERE IS NOTHING
BETTER FOR MAN
THAN TO EAT AND DRINK
AND PROVIDE HIMSELF
WITH GOOD THINGS
BY HIS LABORS.
EVEN THUS, I REALIZED,
IS FROM THE HAND OF GOD.
FOR WHO CAN EAT OR DRINK
APART FROM HIM?

Eccl. 2: 24-25

I think all gardeners are close to God, co-creators within His realm, working the earth according to His will, turning the soil, planting the seeds and attending to the growth of His garden. As God will harvest, we too, will benefit from cultivating what has been sown.  Maybe that's why I like to garden, to be nearer to He who has made me.


END

No comments: