Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another very fine day in the Commonwealth of KY.  KY is not a state; it is a Commonwealth though the difference I can not tell or see.  State or Commonwealth, it was a good day to get a lot of outdoor work done...and work I did.  The yard, front and back, is looking better than Ky. Fried Chicken.

I am happy to have gotten so much done as it is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.  It's hard to stay one jump of Mother Nature.  I guess tomorrow I can do some cleaning inside.  Painting will have to wait until the sun shines again.

All the work made me hungry and I guess my diet took a slight hit.  Yesterday I packed away a whole Sub and today I had fries and a chicken sandwich from Wendy's.  I guess I will have to work a little harder and burn off those extra calories.  I am going to bed "early" because I made myself tired.  I should sleep well.

I dragged out a pedestal fan because on Thursday, while it won't be 82 degrees, it will be in the 70's and humid.  I don't want to run the A/C this early in the season.  Um, what season is this anyway?  Please...someone tell me!!

I don't know who wrote the following.  There was no author listed.  It is in the very back of my very old Office Book.

THE HOUR OF COMPLINE
(NIGHT TIME)
CASTS ITS AURA
OF CALM AND TRANQUILITY
UPON TIRED BODIES.

THE EYE OF GOD
WATCHES OVER
HIS BELOVED ONES
AND HIS ANGELS
ARE PRESENT TO GUARD.

THE DRAGONS MAY
STILL LURK
IN THE DEPTHS,
BUT CHRISTIAN SOULS
(THE TWO DOVES)
WITH TRUSTFUL
CONFIDENCE
REST IN PEACE.



END

No comments: