Thursday, March 15, 2012

HO-HUM and UNDER THE SUN

I took the day off.  I didn't work hard and I didn't look for work 'though there is plenty that needs to be done.  My occasional philosophy is that it will be there waiting for me tommrow...and it will.

The kid next door is trying to clean up his back yard.  He has quite a job to tackle.  It looks like they have just tossed stuff out the back door and let it lay there.  The adults-at least three of them living there-should have known better and should be helping the kid get the yard cleaned up.  It also smells because of the two dogs that live there, too.  Dogs don't know better, but people are supposed to.

Not a lot of anything going on.  The weather fizzled out locally, but it did rain south and east of here and some young girls north and east of here were hit by lightning; one is critical. 

I guess tomorrow-Friday- will be some lite shopping and maybe eating out, but maybe not.  I need to use up what I have.
+++
 AGAIN I SAW
 UNDER THE SUN
THAT THE RACE IS NOT WON
BY THE SWIFT,
NOR THE BATTLE
BY THE VALIANT,
NOR A LIVELIHOOD
BY THE WISE,
NOR RICHES BY THE SHREWD,
NOR FAVOR BY THE EXPERTS;
FOR A TIME OF CALAMITY
COMES TO ALL ALIKE.
++++
Eccl. 9:11
++++

Hmm, I guess that leaves me out!  I am not any of the above; I am not swift, valiant, wise or shrewd.  I am just a kind of ho-hum little person among all the other ho-hummers in God's earthly kingdom, and happy to be so.  Anytime I can wake up in the morning and great the day with a ho-hum kind of prayer...its a good day...for this "is the day the Lord has made" and that isn't so ho-hum after all!

END





No comments: