Friday, October 22, 2010

Chicken 'n dumplings 101 and Angels

FOR TO HIS ANGLES
HE HAS GIVEN
COMMAND ABOUT
YOU THAT THEY
GUARD YOU IN
ALL YOUR WAYS
****
Psalm 90,vs 11
****

Is it Chicken 'n Dumplings yet? No, but it has a good start with chopped celery, carrots, onions, potatoes and chicken in the bottom of the pan. It also has a few stray left overs from the refrigerator with salt and pepper.


Now its Chicken n' Dumplings. It wouldn't pass plating expectations from Ramsy's "HELL'S KITCHEN,"but the flavor was/is good. I like drop dumplings and you can see them in the bowl...the white stuff are the dumplings. I dove in and had two bowls and was pretty happy with the flavor. Yum. And enough for at least a couple more meals.

I have started reading one book. I am not far into it yet. One book is very thick so I started the "thinner" book first. Other than cooking the above meal from mainly scratch, it has been a lazy day.
Soup in a can will cost you about a dollar or more, depending on the brand. I figure I cooked up four or five dollars worth of soup/chicken 'n dumplings, with what I already had on hand and used up a few left overs as well. Theses days you can not afford to throw out good food just because they are "leftovers" or you are tired of eating the same thing. Convert any leftovers into a good soup.
*****
THE SMALLEST GOOD DEED
IS BETTER BY FAR
THAN THE GRANDEST
GOOD INTENTION
WE WILL NEVER GET
MUCH ACCOMPLISHED
IN LIFE
IF OUR GOOD DEEDS
ARE ONLY JUST
MENTIONED
****
Wesley Younts
*
What was your good deed for the day? Did you do a good deed or just think of doing something for someone? I tried, but sometimes you fail, so you dust off your hurt feelings and try again.
END
P. S. You can enlarge any of these pictures by clicking on the picture.

No comments: