Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A little of everything


This is a picture of Atkinson Park in the afternoon. I was hoping for the sun reflecting off the river to show, but it didn't.

Home. It is hard to see it up behind the tree. As I have said before, I planted that tree when it was just a sapling. I cleaned the yard and now it is full of leaves again. I would love to sell the old Rambler and the big old Motor Home. I can't handle the Motor Home with a bad arm, so it just sits there.
The "Dish" is up on a pole now; off the ground. I thought the pole would be a lot higher, but it isn't any taller than me.
The neighbors next door got a dog. It barks all day and well into the night. It has no shelter, sleeps on the ground, and is on a very long leash. It gets all tangled up on a large piece of drift wood and tears up their garbage. Some people should not have animals.
****
BE CAREFUL AND OBSERVE
ALL THE COMMANDMENTS
I ENJOIN ON YOU TODAY,
THAT YOU MAY LIVE
AN INCREASE AND MAY
ENTER IN AND POSSESS
THE LAND THE LORD HAS
PROMISED ON OATH
TO YOUR FATHERS
****
Duet. 8:1
****
GREAT HEARTS
The greatest heart that ever beat
Was in some patient soul
That found day's common duties sweet
And found God made life whole.
****
by Loreta Inman
*
I tried to watch a movie last night entitled "THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST." It strayed from the Biblical account of the Temptation in the Garden and then became something of a fantasy during and after the crucifixion. I don't know who wrote the story line, but they must have been "smoking' something." I turned it off. Too far out. I don't recommend the movie.
END

No comments: