Tuesday, October 12, 2010

RAIN

WE HAD RA!N...real rain. We had thunder, lightning and real moisture falling from the skies. We had about 1 inch of nature's own elixir medicating the parched soil...yes, we did! I hope this will be the end of the 2010 drought of Kentucky.
I went to the store for Halloween candy. The price for candy has really jumped. If the kids don't come by I know it won't go to waste...well, maybe..to the waist(line).
I stopped by the Golden Corral and had supper there(no dishes to wash). A lot of older people eat there. I suppose they can get a pretty good, balanced meal at least once a day. I just don't know why their chicken taste so much better than mine does!
Along with the rain comes a painful arm. I won't complain as we really, really needed the rain and more of it. I can take something for the discomfort, whereas I just can't make it rain.
I don't think I will be going anywhere tomorrow. I will get my cloths ready for the big dinner on Saturday. I will take my little camera with me.
My TV will need replacement in the future. We had a power surge that "burned out" the top of the picture tube to some extent. I don't know why we have so many of these surges. Then the city "vents" natural gas into the air, turns around and doubles the rate on natural gas and triples the rates on electric. How clever is that? Can't they find a way to store the gas and sell off some of the power? Huh?
What else is new? My little laptop may be in need of some minor work. The letter "D" wants to stick or not strike at first. And of course, there is never enough money in the Reign of Obama and looks like there will be even less in the future. There you have it: a day of rain, arm pain and Obama fame.

It is good to give thanks to the Lord
to sing praises to your name, Most High
to proclaim your kindness at dawn
and your faithfulness throughout the night.
Psalm 91, first verse.
END

No comments: