Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The first falling leaves.



The leaves are getting tired of hanging around and are doing what leaves do in the autumn; they turn colors and drop. The rain is helping to bring them down. The tree with the red leaves is a Tulip tree and the tree in my front yard is an Elm tree that I planted when it was about as big around as my thumb. It grew a little. This means I will have to get of a lot of leaves soon.

I ate the very last Cantaloupe in the garden. It was very small, but tasted good. There are a few banana pepper plants trying to hold on and a few Roma tomatoes clinging to the vines. We may get another frost this week-end an finish them off. That will be the very last of the garden and then I will clean up what is left, which isn't much.
****
NOW THAT DAYLIGHT FILLS THE SKY
WE LIFT OUR HEARTS TO GOD ON HIGH
THAT HE, IN ALL WE DO OR SAY
WOULD KEEP US FREE FROM HARM TODAY
*
SO WE, WHEN THIS DAY IS GONE
AND NIGHT IN TURN
IS DRAWING ON
FROM EVIL SIGHTS WOULD
TURN OUR EYES
WOULD CLOSE OUR EARS
TO VANITIES
*
parts of Hymn 67
End

No comments: