Friday, October 8, 2010

Up & at um


I made an appointment with myself to get up early and clean house. I set my clock for 6 A.M. I just couldn't roll out until 6:30. Maybe because I didn't go to bed until after midnight. I did get myself into gear though.
I got a lot done. I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor, put away the big canner, cleaned the stove, washed dishes, vacuumed and dusted the living room and some of the middle room. The one thing I didn't get done was to give the bathroom a good going over. I did some, but not all of it. All in all, I think I was pretty productive. I will say it hurt my arm to swing the mop, but swing I did.

I know lots of people do heavy house work every day and think nothing of it. I wish I could do all the things I did before, when my arm was stronger. I wish I could get down and dirty...and wash the woodwork. I may try it yet. I think I will try to clean behind the TV. There are gremlins and dust bunnies living back there. Pulse a few spiders. I will have hairy spiders following me forever, I think.

All that hard physical labor made me pretty hungry(when am I not)? So, I peeled a really big potato, added celery and carrots in the presser cooker, along with a small, boneless roast. Yes! It sure was and is good. I will have enough for a couple more meals. I may have been just a little heavy handed on the pepper, but it turned out well in spite of my joyful seasoning.

Nope, I didn't get out and take any pictures. I do plan on some yard work tomorrow, so maybe something will grab my attention. We did have a light frost. It got down to 31 two nights in a row, then back up to 85 this afternoon. These days won't last forever.

When I was at the store yesterday I noticed an elderly lady(older than me) buying whole cases of canned beans, spinach, peas and something else that I couldn't see. I didn't want to appear like I was watching her(I was), but it looked to me like she was stocking up. She must be in tune with the news and maybe she is a "prepper." The news isn't good in spite of what King Obama and his court jesters say.
Prep up, stock up and be ready...just in case the all knowing government doesn't know it all...after all.

You pretty much know every thing I know and a lot more than the politicians know. Actually, I think they do know and are trying to paint that rosy picture for all of us.
****

HAPPY ARE THOSE
WHO'S WAY IS BLAMELESS,
WHO WALK IN THE
LAW OF THE LORD.
HAPPY ARE THEY WHO
OBSERVE HIS DECREES,
WHO SEEK HIM
WITH ALL THEIR HEART,
AND DO NO WRONG,
BUT WALK IN HIS WAYS.

****
Psalm 118, first lines
END






END









No comments: