Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hole in my head

Ok, I have a hole in my head-tooth. It feels like the Grand Canyon, but it isn't. S0..I need another crown-darn. Well, I guess I will make the dentist a little richer and me a little poorer.

My slipped disk is a little better this evening. I had taken a pain pill this morning and it snowed me under this afternoon. I fell asleep several times on the couch while I was trying to watch the news. I must be a late reactor to medicine.

The air is going to be a little cool overnight, dropping down into the 30's. The dog next door still does not have a proper shelter. They came up with a travel cage, but that does not protect it from the rain, wind or cold. It gets into their garbage and tears it up and trash is all over their yard. Stupid people don't know enough to put the trash where the dog can't get it. I'm sure it is looking for food. I don't know if DOG is hungry or just doing what dogs do, and that is tearing up trash.

I spent a little time sealing around the air conditioner. Isn't Duct tape great? I need to do a better job and put plastic over it, as well. That is a job for tomorrow. I want to go shopping, but I don't want to do a lot of walking around yet...not yet.



Home Made Dumplings

*

1 stick of butter
2 cups boiling water
1 Tsp. vinegar
5 cups flour

*
Bring water and butter to a boil
Add vinegar. Pour in flour
Blend thoroughly
Divide in parts
Roll out very thine
Cut into desired size dumplings
Drop a few at a time into
boiling chicken stock
Cover and cook about 2o minutes
Can be cut and stored in plastic
freezer bags to be used for
later use-or use now.

end

*

I like drop dumpling as well, but they never last long enough to make it to the freezer. I also use biscuit mixes for dumplings.

*
BOAST NOT OF TOMORROW
YOU KNOW NOT
WHAT ANY DAY
WILL BRING FORTH

*
Proverbs 27:1







No comments: