Monday, October 25, 2010

Slippery




I slipped a disk
the disk I slipped
the ill begotten disk
I slipped

Well, I have done it before and I will do it again, I am sure. Time heals all slippery disks. As I can't carry things well anymore I have been pulling, tugging, and dragging heavy stuff around. So, I haven't done much today other than reading, washing dishes and a few odd cleaning jobs in kitchen.

I lost a large filling from an upper back tooth. It doesn't hurt, but I do have
an appointment to get it fixed on Thursday. Just as I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel... the light goes out and it is back in debt I go. Such is life.
I waited all day for the AT&T guy to come (by appointment) and he never showed or called. Maybe that is a good thing since my mobility is not up to par.
It has rained and is supposed to rain even more tomorrow. It is a much needed infusion into Mother Nature's arm. Oh, how we need it. Stick it to us, Momma Doc. It will heal our crusty, dusty souls. Yes, Mother Nature, can give us palliative care and it is overdue.

****

O LORD, OUR LORD
HOW GLORIES
IS YOUR NAME
OVER ALL THE EARTH
YOU HAVE EXALTED
YOUR MAJESTY
ABOVE THE HEAVENS

****
Psalm 8: 2
****

I do not wish for tomorrow
for it could bring grief-or sorrow
these few hours that I borrow
help me live-just for today.
****
by Bill Carr
END







No comments: