Thursday, October 14, 2010

OH, GREAT PUMPKIN







Have you ever seen so many pumpkins? All kinds, shapes and sizes! I think some of them are cross-pollinated because I have never seen some of the verities that are on display. There is a lot of pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin soup just waiting to be made. Probably most of these and more, will wind up out on the highway, smashed and wasted. Because Halloween is a time of destruction for a lot of "celebrants" around here. They don't call it Devil's Night for nothing.
I am altering a top to wear to the big dinner on Saturday. It is a beautiful top, but the sleeves are just a little too for my short self. I hate shoulder pads and they are now gone. I will move the buttons over at the cuff by about a half inch and call it done.I could wear it as it is, but it is just a little too roomy for my taste. It should be done tomorrow(better be or I go naked!). I will take a picture of the top and post it when I finish it. Fortunately I have a couple other nice tops I can wear if it doesn't turn out well.
****
PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE
2 c. flour
1 tsp.baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp.salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1-1/3 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 c.pumpkin pie filling
1 c. oil
1/2 c. chopped nuts
*
Mix together dry ingredients
Add eggs, pumpkin and oil
Blend in nuts
Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans
Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
****
The lamb...will be their shepherd
and he will guide them
to the springs of living waters.
*
Rev. 7:17
END
































No comments: