Monday, October 11, 2010

Garbanzo Beans

Above are also known as Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans. Great in salads, too. Yup, they come in cans... ready to use. See recipe below
This has been a fairly busy day for me. I did go to the eye Dr. to have my pressure checked-it is up slightly. And I have cataracts which I already knew. The cataracts are in the early stages and did not prevent me from seeing the motorcyclist that pulled out of a side street, right in front of me. Of course, I hit the brakes...lucky fellow and his girlfriend. It is always the driver of the car that gets blamed for motorcycle morons. So, my eyes are good enough to avoid an idiot on a bike or else his Guardian Angle was riding with him.
I also spent time trying to get a new Internet provider set up and trying to cancel Insight. So, I didn't get lots of things done. And I have been looking for some things I wrote 40 years ago...now where did I put those papers?


You might like this:


GARBANZO DIP
2 TEASPOONS OF MINCED GARLIC
3 TABLESPOONS OF LEMON JUICE
2-1/2 CUPS GARBANZO BEANS
DRAIN, SAVING
3 TABLESPOONS GARBANZO
COOKING LIQUID
1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL

*
PLACE ALL INGREDIENTS IN A BLENDER AND PROCESS AT MEDIUM SPEED UNTIL SMOOTH. COVER TIGHTLY AND STORE IN FRIG WHERE IT WILL KEEP FOR SEVERAL DAYS

*

SERVE DIP WITH RAW VEGGIES, FAVORITE CHIPS OR USE IT FOR STUFFING CELERY OR EVEN ON CRACKERS,

TOAST/'ORDERVES.

****


You are in our midst, Lord,
and Your Holy name invoked upon us.
Do not forsake us, O Lord our God

****

Jer. 14:9


END



No comments: