Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You gotta do what you gotta do


I am sick of having to go to the phone only to see that it is a telemarketer or a call that has its ID blocked or from a place on the far side of Jupiter. I got one tonight from Iowa. I don't know a soul in Iowa and don't do any buying or shopping there. Too far to drive. It is an inconvenience for me to run to the phone only to find that it someone trying to sell me something.
When the Iowa call came in, I jumped up and ran to the phone. Alas, I have a little bit of a mean streak or a vein of vengeance in me. I picked up the phone and said, "Police Department...how may I direct your call?" Nothing. So I said it again, and "Hello, Hello?" They hung up. I'll bet they don't call back. This will be my new mode of modus operandus or whatever that word is.
I went to Wall-Mart this afternoon. I am still looking for appliques for my chair. Sales people kept pointing me in the wrong or vague direction. I finally found the "craft" section on my own. It isn't what it used to be, nor did I find what I was looking for. I will have to try "free handing," something on the chair. I will have to hold my right hand steady with my left, but I think I can do it. I'll let you know.
I went to Lowe's right next door and got some foam insulator strips to put the around the air conditioner.. It is time to "button up." I also got a hair cut while I was out...boy, did I need a hair cut. It really grows fast. I want my hair to look nice for the big dinner on the 16th. I have a free ticket from work. They cost every one else $125.00. The food isn't that great, but it is all for charity.
Tomorrow, I actually need to go and get a few groceries. I don't need a lot, but I have been putting it off until all most everyone has spent their checks. I hate to fight the crowds...I really do.
****
LORD, MAKE ME KNOW YOUR WAYS.
LORD, TEACH ME YOUR PATHS.
MAKE ME WALK IN YOUR TRUTHS
AND TEACH ME:
FOR YOU ARE GOD AND MY SAVIOR.
****
It is very bad of me, but I think the above is part of Acts, I forgot which part. Shows my age.
*
I have heard it said it all depends
upon your point of view
the happiness you get from life
and how things look to you
and the longer that I'm living
I've really come to see
that this is just a true a fact
as anything can be
**
by Grace E. Eeasly
END

No comments: