Saturday, October 23, 2010

Moon on high

Guide my mind, my hand my heart
in everything I do
Grant me the strength to live each day
as you would have me do
****
from Salesian Collection
****

The full moon rises. When the moon is full and it is also a pay-day week-end, the demented and almost demented will come out to play and unloose meanness on the unsuspecting or the mirror souls of their own ids. People get downright nasty when the pull of that orbiting chunk of rock and dust disrupts their equilibrium. The human body has a lot of liquid sloshing about in a container of skin, bone and flesh, so it stands to reason that the gravitational pull of that big, old lunar rock in the sky would have an effect on we...wee ones of the earth.
I have been very tired this day. I have not done much, but my eyes are heavy. I got my eight hours of sleep and I didn't read much last evening or today. I guess I have to chalk my sleepiness up to the moon change, too.


*****

AND GOD SAD,
"LET THERE BE LIGHTS
IN THE FIRMAMENT OF
THE HEAVENS TO
SEPARATE DAY
FROM NIGHT
LET THEM SERVE AS SIGNS
FOR THE FIXING OF
OF THE SEASONS
IN THE FIRMAMENT
OF THE HEAVENS
TO SHED LIGHT UPON
THE EARTH." SO IT WAS.
GOD MADE TWO GREAT LIGHTS
THE GRATER LIGHT
TO RULE THE DAY
AND THE SMALLER ONE
TO RULE THE NIGHT
****
Gen. 14-16
END


No comments: