Monday, May 16, 2011

ASSMOSIS ALL AROUND

I'm tired.
I'm cold.
I'm tired of trying to live out of the kitchen.
I'm tired of trying to snake my way through moved furniture.
I'm tired of being put on the back burner.  I am tired of trying to stay civil.

I called the handyman' painter on Friday.
I called the handy man today.

"Your cold?  Why can't your turn the heat up?"  Because the TV is sitting on top of the furnace, as he well knows.  "Oh, we'll try to be there in a couple of days."  The temperature will be down in the 40's overnight.

Not good enough.  Absolutely not good enough.

Do people still do an "honest day's work for an honest day's pay?  Some may, but our culture of  integrity and the work ethic has been eroding for years.  It is the "trickle down" effect born of a corrupt government peopled by so many corrupt politicians. 

As I have been only cooking about one meal a day, I really cooked up a good supper this eve.  I cooked a large rib eye, a couple of potatoes with green beans in canned tomatoes(mine)  I ate that whole rib eye.  I have potatoes, beans and tomatoes left over for another meal that can be heated in the micro wave.  I hate to be dipping into my stores like this, but I do have to eat.  I still need to go to the store.

I looked carefully at the grocery ads today.  I didn't find much of interest.  Coffee has come down a little. as has TP in some instances.  Charcoal has come down a little, also.  The ads are pushing a lot of the none essentials, such as cleaning products of all kinds and brands, and junk stuff like collectibles and some clothing.  I am sure everyone is seeing the same ads.  Meat is becoming a luxury, but the cost of bacon may have come down very slightly.  I wish gas would come down very slightly , too.

I finished off all the books; I have nothing to read.  I went back to bed around 6 PM just so I could stay warm.  How did the pioneers survive?  Alice, forget about homesteading.  You will freeze your toes.  True homesteading is a very hard, difficult life.  It might be nice and cozy around a wood stove, the rest of your house will be like a cold storage meat locker, but those trips to the outhouse in the dead of winter...ahem...you will freeze your..."assmosis" off.  Believe me, I speak from a bit of experience...knowledge.

IN THE END YOU WILL FREEZE YOUR END.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I am so sorry to hear these workers are giving you the run around. I think you need to take your sweet time about paying them and then I would not give them the full amount. Shame on them, that is shoddy to not complete the job!!

As for homesteading, its not like it used to be. One can take it as far as they want but you can certainly utilize solar and wind power to generate more heat than the woodburner cookstove in the kitchen.

Yeah, I still want to homestead or at least live as self sufficient as humanly possible.

The sales up here were bad this week too. I managed to pick up a few things on sale to hold us over but no where's near the things I should have gotten. I just can't justify spending that much money even on food. We need to eat as cheap as possible. Ends just are not meeting any more.

I will be glad to finally be getting the garden in this week. After it warms up a bit I am going out and getting it uncovered and raked up. A friend is coming tomorrow to help me till, then I can plant. We are suppose to be dry the rest of the week. I sure hope so!!

Love ya, Alice