Saturday, May 14, 2011

"It was a dark and stormy night"....or day.  It has been raining on and off all day..just a natural, spring-like rain.  I got up early, got dressed, unlocked the doors, and waited...and waited...and waited.  The no show guys were "no show."  What else is new?  Come Monday, if they don't show, the fat in the frying pan will start to sizzle.  In other words, my temperature is rising.

I am on my third book this week.  The title is "FIRE IN THE SKY"  and fits my slowly flaring mood exactly.  Actually, it is a fiction by  two anthropologist that have written a series of fiction novels about early Mezzo and American natives.  If it were not for my reading right now I believe my flame would have flared some time ago.  It has kept me semi-sane for right now.


I tried to clean a little in the "living room," but it is kind of hard to vacuum around those big, heavy tarps, esp. when you vacuum up a nail that blends into the carpet.  The more I can vacuum up, the less I wheeze and cough, and that is good, even with nails and screws pulled up into the vacuum.

Very little going on right now.  Tomorrow, Sunday, I will not get up early.  I hope to get out in the afternoon and get a few items...such as milk and creamer and visit the local nursery.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

It rained, drizzled all day here yesterday too. Couldn't get in the garden yet. It is suppose to be dry tomorrow and Tuesday so I am hoping to do it then.

I did get a lot of work done on my web site and that is a good thing. I wish I could just work on my business and not have to do all these "other" things all the time. But I really have no one to help me so it is always on my shoulders. Such is life. I do what I can and not worry about the rest of it.

I think I would start deducting so much per hour for all the valuable time I lost waiting on those no show boys to get their fannies in gear, LOL. My flame would have shot up a while ago. Guess I have a short fuse that way.

Hope you have a great day!
Love, Alice