Friday, May 13, 2011

GOOGLE BUNGLE

Hey Google bungle, You goofed by being absent without leave for about about 36 hours.  In the military that is known as being AWAL and you could be shot in some circumstances, esp. during wartime.  And besides that you have lost my...and other bloogers, blogs.  I had a post ready to go out Wed. eve.  It went out all right.  "Lost in Space."   Good going Google.

Right now we are having a good, steady drenching with some thunder and lightning.  That is why I wanted to get as much yard work done as possible.  I got a little trimming done, but much more needs to be trimmed.  I spent too much time trying to corral the silly dog from next door.  She got her head under the fence and lifted it up and got into the yard.  She forgot all about trying to eat the wheels of my mower and took off down the street.  I tried to call her back, but she had a taste of freedom.  The next thing I knew the cops were following her up the back alley.

"Is this your dog?  Nope, not mine, but I know where she lives.  I just couldn't catch her."  They helped me call her in and get her into her own yard, which is something they didn't have to do.  In just a short time she had escaped again.  She knew how to get out, but not how to get back in.  Finally, the kid next door came over, picked her up in his arms like a baby and took her in the house.  By that time she had run herself silly and was a tuckered out dog.  I think she was glad to go home.

There must have been a power surge in the wee hours and my clock didn't go off.  Didn't matter because the yo yo boys didn't show either.  I am really getting perturbed...aggravated...ticked off.  I would like to be able to use my living room again.  I am tired of camping out...in.

The temperatures were not all that high today, but the humidity was.  I think it is supposed to get a little cooler for a few days.  Out of the ice box and soon into the frying pan.  It is just about the middle of May and I don't have a garden in.  If the yo yo boys don't show up tomorrow I will "mud" one in, or at least get some tomatoes in the ground.

As I am pretty tired from yard work and trying to be a dog knapper in this high humidity, I am going to re-set my clock and go to bed.

END

P. S
Somewhere in the upper stratosphere floats my Wed. blog.

Another P. S.

The lost post showed up arong 6 P. M.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I don't have a garden in yet either. I do have a friend coming over to help me tomorrow if it is not storming, which it is suppose to be. I guess we will know tomorrow for sure.

The humidity has been enough to choke an elephant but it is suppose to drop once the storms move through. I hope so.

I need to go read your other blog before sigining off and heading to bed.

Love, Alice