Tuesday, May 17, 2011

HEAT

Yes, I have heat now.  Those guys showed up this morning around 9 AM and did about two hours of work in about 4 hours of time, took frequent cigarette breaks and an early lunch...and before  I knew it, they were pulled to another job.  At least I can walk through the living room.  They marred my nice TV cabinet which is all real wood and broke the belt on my very, very expensive vacuum cleaner.  When I bought it I figured it would last a lifetime because of the titanium case and housing.  I have sent for a new belt and I hope it is the right size.  Let me tell you, Dyson can't compare to this vacuum cleaner and a Dyson cost only about half of what I paid out for the TriStar several years ago.  But... leave it to a man to break something that expensive and to mar up a TV cabinet.  Not funny, as I can not hope to replace some things on retirement "wealth."  

Oh, they are supposed to come back in the morning.

One good thing about having an indoor pool is that you get to de-clutter whether you want to or not.  I have been poking along on the de-clutter trail, but now I will have to put on my track shoes and move a little faster.  Lots of stuff to get rid of and re-evaluate as to whether I want to keep this or that.

  Yes, I use hyphens.  They are not used much anymore in spelling, but that is OK as most people are reading at a 6th or less, grade level.  After all, I had  good English teachers and reading a lot goes a long way in educating the brain.  America is pretty low on the education list of "smarts."  It isn't that Americans are dumb, but they are not taught or truely educated.  If we were "smart" we would not have voted for who was elected into the puppet office of strings and attachments.  No, I didn't vote for our little would-be-king.

Well, that is enough of me getting myself in trouble.  I have enough problems as it is.  Don't pick on a man who equates himself with Lincoln!!

"And that's all I'm going to say about that."

END

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I am happy they at least showed up and got some work done and especially that you now have heat again.

Sorry to hear about the problems incurred though. I think I would be deducting the cost of the damage off the bill.

I will not get in the political arena with you as we probably will not agree on some things but thats OK too, LOL.

Hope you have an even better day today. I am on the fly with so much to do before more rain gets here.

Love ya,
Alice

William Knapp said...

So far so good.

I too live on retirement (fixed Income)and must do with lots of stuff - or junk.

I was given a Tee shirt once with this saying on it:
Junk is stuff you throw away and Stuff is junk you keep -
Now which do I file this under
Stuff or Junk??