Monday, May 30, 2011

Cinnamon Toast

When I was small my mother would fix me Cinnamon Toast on occasion.  I loved Cinnamon toast.  It was like having candy.  I still like Cinnamon toast and was reminded of it  as I was scarfing down Cinnamon buns this afternoon.  It goes well with bacon and eggs, cold or hot cereal or just an anytime snack.  It is good for you, too, as Cinnamon helps to regulate blood glucose levels.  It is so easy to fix.

Toast two slices of bread
2 tsp. of sugar
1 tsp of Cinnamon
butter for you bread
Mix the sugar and Cinnamon together
Sprinkle on the hot , buttered toast.

Now, wasn't that good?  You can use a sugar free ingredient if you wish, like Splenda.

I was thinking of my brothers this afternoon on Memorial Day.  All of them were in the service at one time or another.  I was esp. thinking of Johnny.  He joined the army at 16 and was on the front lines of Korea before he was 17.  He was a good soldier and they wanted to send him to officer's candidate school.  Had he gone his entire future might have been a lot different.  But, he was homesick and came home and became the Clark Gable of Port Jervis.  Or so all the girls thought.  Yes, he was that good looking.

I had things that I wanted to get done today, but I was was interrupted.  The fellow next door wants to trade me his pick up truck for my RV.  So he spent the afternoon looking it over and getting it started.  The trouble is I can't find the key to the gas cap.  Come help me look for it..it's around here somewhere.

Yes, it is hot.  We went from cold to steamy weather.  People are scrambling to get the fields planted and the gardens in,  BTW, Kansas is predicting at least a 40% loss of wheat production and the predictions are not all in yet.  Buy your bread now and put it in the freezer or buy bread making flour and store it.  The price of  bread will go upAnd you thought I was paranoid...

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I was at the grocery store just the other day and noticed some prices have already gone up. Its only going to get worse. With so many storms this year and so far and wide a lot of crops have been hurt and even some that haven't been will take advantage of the situation to raise their prices too.

We are to get rain later today so tomorrow I will get the rest of the garden in. In the meantime, I have been trimming and pruning each morning early and then staying in during the heat of the day.

If you can not find the key to the gas cap you might be able to buy a replacement. There are only about 4 different keys to fit all the gas caps of the world, LOL.

Well, I want to get some more pruning done before it gets any hotter out. Have a good day!! Oh, by the way, I remember your mom making cinnnamon toast for Melanie and me a few times. :-)

Love, Alice