Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sweet tatters and stuff

The new eye drops that I started burn like fire.  I hope they are worth the discomfort.

I went ahead and started some sweet potato slips today.  Time is getting short for getting them into the ground.. I don't know if the slips that I was told would be in, ever came in.  Since the south and the mid-west is so torn up it is hard to say if the slips will ever come in.  So hopfully, what I started will "take."

 It has been raining a lite rain off and on all day.  It is cool, but I did have the A/C on to help get rid of the high humidity.  Finally I had to turn it off because I was cold.

I got two collector plates back up on the wall.  I have pictures to go back up, too.  I am busy making new holes in fresh paint  All in good time.   Some today and some tomorrow.

Not much to write about unless I mention that we had a lot of wind and very heavy rain last night.  There were some tornados near that did not do much damage, but people just on the east side of town lost their lights  due to downed trees.  My lights flickerd a few times and that was it.

END



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

My garden will be going by the way side as I am moving out. I am not putting this on facebook yet so please do not put anything on there but I am finally leaving Frank. Enough is enough, it has stopped being "moody" stuff cause he does not feel good and has become more abusive. I walk away with a clear conscience as I know I have done every thing I can to help him but he doesn't appreciate any of it and thinks he has the right to belittle me. No more!! I've turned the other cheek all I can.

I am going to stay with a friend and might not have internet for a while after the first of the month when I shut it off here. Time will tell. But if I don't I will get to the library as often as possible until I can get it set up again. I won't be gone completely but will be hit and miss for a bit.

Just wanted to let you know so you did not worry. I am going to be fine. I am a survivor and will bounce back and land on my feet.

It has turned down right chilly here. Even had to kick the heat up a bit last night it got so cold in the house. At least the rain has stopped for a day or two.

Have a blessed day!
Love, Alice

Unknown said...

Got your message Mabel. I have no legal ties to Frank so no authority to put him in a VA home where he should really be for his own health and well being.

I also can not afford this house so it is fine he stays here. He won't have much left though once I take all my things with me. That is his problem. I have made enough sacrifices for him but no more. I gave it my best shot, tried everything I could. I have no guilt or remorse. And over all this is for the best.

Its his loss. He has burned all his bridges and there is no one else willing to help him.

Love ya, Alice