Monday, May 23, 2011

GONE IN 0 SECONDS

My post, half written, vanished.  I don't feel like starting over, so I won't.

I bought a large Sweet Potato today.  I will try to start some slips from it.  It is late in the season, but I will have June, July, August and most of September for it ...them...to grow.  The Sweet Potatoes take about 120 days to grow and mature.  I tried to find slips at the Nursery, but they didn't have any.

Yesterday we had wind, but only a little rain.  Today we have had black skies in the afternoon and eve., but only a little rain.

It makes me mad that everything I wrote went off into never land.  Even the draft was empty.  Other bloggers have complained of this and have moved over to Word Press, but they are not happy there, either. 
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel,

I have not had that problem yet here on blogger but have had it happen at other places. Sorry you lost your post.

I have never grown sweet potatoes but might try it some time. not this year though as the garden is already planned out and there would be no room.

We have had too much rain for me to get back in and finish planting. Looking like Friday will be my best chance.

After I got to the doctors and run errands this morning I am working inside today. I need to vacuum in the worse way and of course its get out the garbage day, LOL. That will probably do me in. Tomorrow Frank goes back to the VA and that looks like it will be an all day thing again. Yesterday we waiting over an hour to get in then the doctor would not shut up and it was another hour before we got out of there. That with the trip down and back pretty much shot the day. Oh well, such is life!!

Take care!
Alice