Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"What we have here is a failure to communicate...."

I spent a good day or two trying to rive my lap top and breath new life into it.  I guess it has finally croaked for good.  "Breath, dang you, Breath!"  I guess the hard drive had a crash attack.  I dearly loved my little lap top.

I am posting from an older model Dell.  I had to tweak it a little and it doesn't have a slot for a photo disk and the sound card doesn't seem to have a note, whistle or bell.  It does have lot of memory with more than 90 % of free space.  However old it is,  it works; it doesn't do any of the weird stuff that the lap tops did/do if you just looked at it the wrong way.  The cursor is not jumping all over and pulling up junk and ads that I don't want.  I did have to reload some of my favorite web sights.

I told the construction guys not to come today as I wanted to be somewhere else.  I went across the bridge to E'ville to a reception for the Sister that are being transferred out.  You wouldn't think that an 80 year old nun would be uprooted from what should be her last home on earth.  Several other older Sisters are being uprooted from the home, as well.  Now they are about to go through the X-Ray screening and or grouping at the airport.  How right is that?

I, also, have turned on the A/C as the temperatures are suddenly 88 F. and the humidity has shot up as well.  We have complained about the rain and cold...now see what Mother Nature is about to throw in this direction.

I am practically living in my kitchen right now.  It will take forever to get back to normal.  I am not doing the cooking that I want to do, but I am not starving.  Since there is no one in the house I did cook a thick steak, med. rare and bloody darn good.  It would have been even better on the grill, but you can't have everything, esp. as we have severe storm warnings up and cooking out would probably mean cooking in, anyway.

I guess I will get up early and hope those  workers show up at a reasonable hour and get the furniture moved back into place.  It took eons of time to get everything where I wanted it, now it will take eons of time to redo it.

Have you noticed that you don't see a lot of nickles anymore?  When was the last time you saw a fifty cent piece?  The survivalist are collecting and hoarding them in case of a paper money crash.  Today gas shot up 27 cent in an hour and everyone was converging at the gas stations.  I have not seen anything like this since the every early '70's.  Remember...I told everyone to stock up...because here it come...double digit inflation and more scarcity in the stores and for food items.  Do you believe me now?  No?  Too bad for you.

THE END OF THE END?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

Sorry about your lap top but very happy you are OK.

We have had 90 + today with very high humidity. Rain moving in again tomorrow for the next several days. Guess I will try to get more spring cleaning done.

I agree with you about the Sisters, at their age, they should be able to stay put. What is the convent thinking? I will add them to my prayers.

Love ya, Alice