Friday, May 6, 2011

INTERIOR ESCAPADES AND SUCH

Well, the roof is repaired, the new insulation is in, the ceiling is up and the one wall is has been replaced.  Now, only the trim needs to be applied and the painting done.  Oh,yes, clean up and move the furniture back into place...add that.  I think it will take a while to get things back in order.  Just imagine what the poor people that have lost their whole homes are going through, not to mention family and friends.  How terrible that must be...I count my blessings.

Tomorrow the painter is supposed to come and paint.  When I first moved into this little house I painted the dark walls a coral rose color and the ceiling off white.  I can't do that stuff now.  It isn't the age, but the limited arm movement and extension.  However, as long as I can get a spoon or fork up to my mouth I can't complain.  Good food makes me happy!

I read a complete novel today as there wasn't much else I could do with all the stuff going on in the house and with the in and out traffic.  My yard is full of contractor bags  full of  wet, moldy insulation, old sheet rock, ruined paneling and general trash.  I bet the nieghbors think I am rich and am remodeling.  Ha!  Let them think so!

As I am not cooking right now, so I have had to eat out every afternoon.  I don't mind eating out, but I hate to spend the money right now.  My money tree got hit with Roundup and Thereitgoes, shriveled up and died.  One sad, dead looking tree, with a bit of mold.  Now, all joking aside, the little Cherry tree I planted did get infected with some type of mold at the base and has a big clump of blue mold in the branches.  It died and is awaiting for a Cherry, Cherry funeral.  I need to remove it.

While I was looking out the back door I spied a big, fat rabbit.  Yesterday I saw some little rabbits, so this one must be the big Momma.  I have a planter on a bench on the patio that filled up with rain and now the birds are using it for a bird bath.  I need to get that new disk for the camera...after I count my pinnies, maybe.

There isn't much to add and I am tired..  Those guys said they would be here at 7 AM, so I got up at 5 AM.  They showed up after 9AM.  At least they are showing up, not like that roofing co. I called before.

So...I am going to bed soon.  After all, I will be 70...next year and I get tired.  LOL!!


END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!!

It sounds like there was actually quite a bit accomplished yesterday albeit still more to do. At least it is progress.

We had some rain last night and suppose to get more later today. I am so glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday afternoon. I still need to get the weed whacker out and do some trimming and would love to be able to get that garden uncovered. I guess time will tell on that as it depends on when the next rain moves in.

I posted a picture of my mome today on fb from back in the days of the Minisink Hotel. You might get a kick out if it though. :-)

Have a blessed weekend!
Love, Alice