Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SUN AT LAST!

Ah, super was good.  Not a Chief Ramsey kind of meal and just put on a big plate, nothing fancy, but good.  I cooked a nice steak and onions in butter and had fried cabbage.  I am a happy camper.

I have been trying to move things a little and box-protect- some collectible ceramics and figurines.  Most are valuable, some not.  I have signed, numbered prints that I have to put somewhere.  One print has some water damage and that makes me sad.  All of what I have was hard to come by.  As the Bible says, "Lay up(not)your treasures in heaven," or close to that without looking it up.((there are slightly various translations, but they all mean the same))

I believe my nice sleeper sofa is permanently stained.  I will need to save my nickles and dimes for a while and see if it can be shampooed later on. I have had the heat on all day and a fan blowing on it and all around.  The ceiling is still leaking because the insulation is wicking the moisture downward.  I seem like I am complaining, but I don't mean to be, esp. when you think of all the victims of the tornadoes.  At least I have a roof over my head, even if it leaks, and for that much I am grateful.

The men/man is supposed to start on the roof tomorrow.  I hope he shows up and gets it done so I can get back to normal((whatever that is)). 

I have looked very carefully at the sale bills that came out today.  Very few items are really on sale, not that I will be buying much, henceforth.  One item that I will get is the canned Cowboy's Baked Beans at .50 cents a can.  I happen to like the flavor.  Wal-Mart has Pork 'n Beans for the same price, but I don't want to drive there and then get stampeded over by a herd of rude heifers and/or shoppers.

I guess I will be staying home anyway until the house is repaired.  I need to stay in the house as at one time an installer for the cable made off with a box of old coins and silver that I had been saving.  You know what RR said, "Trust, but verify,"  If you can't prove what you absolutely know, your up a creek without a paddle.

That reminds me.  Big brother Harry called Sunday.  He sounds kind of tired and lonesome.  He can't get very far away from his wife and she "needs" him there constantly.  I think that even though she is not well, she is very insecure and has been all along.  She can't help it, I am sure, but that makes Harry without any time of his own.

The guy next door left his trimmer out in the rain for the past several weeks and couldn't get it started.  He got a new trimmer and has left it out in the rain for the past few days, also.  Hmmm.  See Alice?  Now that-is stupid-dumb, lack of IQ, or common sense.  LOL'S!

I have eaten a good portion of my cake and and I am about to eat some more.  Yum for the tum!

Google is going to make some changes for blogspots this month.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I pray the guy shows up and you get your roof done tomorrow!!

Been keeping Harry in my prayers too. He sure is going through a lot right now.

Yeah, I know I am not stupid but some people like to play me for a fool a lot. Someday they will awaken to the shock of their lives when I let them know I was not in the dark as they thought. I know that sounds a bit criptic but for now I want to keep things under my hat until the right timing. Then look out as hell hath no fury as a woman scorned! LOL

I need to go to the grocery store this morning and try to see what I can get to eat cheap for the next two weeks. Things are tight as usual, but we always make due.

You might want to read the post I am about to put on my blog in a few minutes. It was sent to me in an email but I am sure you will get a kick out of it.

Hope you have a good day and enjoy the sunshine, it is short lasting I am afraid.

Love ya, Alice