Friday, May 27, 2011

GLOOM AND MORE GLOOM

It was supposed to be a cloudy day, not a gloomy day.  I need to get a lot of things done, but my pre-packaged box of ambition is out-dated and I need a new box.  Maybe if the sun starts to shine...I will, too.  Or maybe a shot of Miracle Grow in my morning coffee will get me up and started.   Yes, I have been lazy all day.

PERHAPS
***
Perhaps the rain will fall today
And spoil the plans we've made.
The clouds may chase the sun away
Or dampen our parade.
***
Perhaps today a tear will fall
As teardrops often do
When unforeseen the heartaches call
And take a toll on you.
***
Perhaps these things will come to pass
For life goes up and down,
But God shall send you greener grass
When yours has turned to brown.
***
For every drop of rain that falls
A flower somewhere grows
As seasons change and time recalls
The beauty of the rose.
***
Clay Harrison

I looked at the local papers and saw that there were three tornadoes spotted in the area, but most of the damage was caused by high winds and trees falling.  "There is a silver lining in every cloud"...or so it is said.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its gloomy here too Mabel. I have errands to run this morning or I would just go back to bed and pull the covers over my head. Such a dreary day.

Now he says he is the one leaving at the end of June. He has a doctor's appointment to keep on the 26th and then he is gone. I sure hope so. If not I will leave but I would really like to stay here if I can.

Have a blessed day!
Love, Alice