Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"WERE YOU THERE..."

"WHERE YOU THERE WHEN THEY NAILED HIM TO A TREE?" (SPIRITUAL)


Do I feel like doing a post tonight?  No, I don't.  I have done over 1000 postings and I'm tired.

Am I a perfect person?  No, did you expect me to be?
Do I say things that you don't like?  Yes, I do.  No one agrees with every one all the time.

Do I put my foot in my mouth?  I must like the taste of my toes because I frequently have a meal of toasted tootsies.  Yum.  Pretty good, esp. with a little salt.  So no, I don't feel like posting, but I will as I made a pact with myself that I would post each day except on Sunday.

LET ALL BITTERNESS,
AND WRATH
AND INDIGNATION
AND CLAMOR,
AND REVILING
BE REMOVED
FROM YOU
ALONG WITH ALL
MALICE.
ON THE CONTRAY,
BE KIND
TO ONE ANOTHER,
AND MERCIFUL,
GENERIOUSLY
FORGIVING
ONE ANOTHER
AS ALSO
GOD IN CHRIST
HAS GENEROUSLY
FORGIVEN YOU.

Eph. 4: 31-32

We don't follow that perscripton easily or all that often, do we.  If we did the world would be a better, more stable place.
This was in the reading of the eve. prayers of the Liturgy of the Hours.  Yes, it struck me...right where I live.  We all expect to be forgiven of our transgressons and therefore we should return the same grace of forgiveness to others.  Right?  Well, does it work that way?  Christ gave up His Life on the tree, that we be forgiven.  He shed His blood, sweat and tears for OUR sins...trangressions...not His.  We should be willing to do some kind of penence, however small, even as small as the Widow's Mite, for our own forgiveness or the forgiveness of others.  The penence of confession bigins as..."Foregive me Father, for I have sinned."

It is Holy Week.  I do not plan to be home on Holy Saturday eve.  With that assumption I finished off the yard this afternoon, before the rains came down.  Hopefuly, the rain has washed down and out, some of the pollen that they say is too high to count.  Maybe my sinuses will clear up.

END




No comments: