Saturday, April 14, 2012

God's good people

If you know anything of the history of Israel and their Roman conquers, then you know that Jesus lived in a pretty cruel, unforgiving, violent world.  Even many leaders and high priest of the Jews , who were given the judgements and authority over their own people, didn't recognize their own sins or hypocrisies, and passed "the dirty work" on to Pilate, who was not such a nice guy, either.  That is the way of the world, then and now.  We have not changed a lot in the last 2.000 years or so And Israel is still under the hammer, so to speak, fearful of domination or worse, annihilation.  In the passage of time, we as a civilization, have not learned a whole lot.  Will we ever?  And do you ever wonder how one man so changed the world?


I NEVER SHOULD BE TIRED
OR SHED A SALTY TEAR
NEVER KNOW THE HEART ACHE
OF LIVING LIFE IN FEAR

I AM BLESSED BY
CHRIST,  PURE AND HOLY
AND LIVE WITHIN HIS SIGHT
AND ALL ATTENDING ANGELS
PRAISE HIM DAY AND NIGHT

I KNOW I'M WEAK AND
 SINFUL
IN MUCH I SAY AND DO
I KNOW THE LORD
 FORGIVES ME
FOR IN HIM I PLACE
MY TRUST

MANY OF GOD'S PEOPLE
HAVE FELL ALONG THE WAY
THE PATH IS STREWN 
WITH SUFFERING
 AND FAILURES OF EACH DAY

BUT WITH HIS LOVING KINDNESS
HE TAKES US IN HIS HEART
WE TRY AGAIN
WE PRAY AGAIN
THAT WE SHALL NEVER
PART

END

All right, then.  I'm tired and this poem isn't very good.  I can "polish" it on a later date.  Saturday sort of sneaked up on me and it seems like time is going a lot faster than I am.  Tomorrow, "my day off, so I will go to church(a good place for all us sinners)then sleep the rest of the afternoon away.

END










No comments: