Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TRUDGING ALONG-NO MARATHON RUNNER


"Look Ma, No cavities!"  Remember that ad or slogan?  The dentist told me that he isn't making any money from me...too bad.  I try to take good care of my teeth because your general health depends on your healthy teeth and gums.  Now if I could just grow more hair.

It is a little late and I am just now running some dark cloths through the washing machine.  Tomorrow it will be whites and lites.  Not big loads, but they need to be done.

I was going to go back out and get a few things from the store, but decided that once I was in, I was in, and the gas gauge is just about on empty.  So I guess I will take care of that on Wed.

There really isn't much to write about and I don't even have a piece of home made poetry.  For that...you should be glad.

You know, God lets us fail and often we fall flat on our faces, bruising our egos and vanities.  We learn who and what we are, through our various ups and downs, successes, weaknesses and strengths.  Often we don't like what we see in ourselves and run away and hide from God and the reality of our human foibles.   I know that I have my share of trials
and lack of graces.  Sometimes I think...no, I am sure, I will never learn some of the basics of claiming to be...and being a good Christian.  You would think that at my age I would have picked up a few good graces here and there!  Since God loves me just as I am, there is always hope.  I hope!


James says in 4:10 that we should humble ourselves in the sight of God and He will lift us up.  Then Peter goes on to say in 5:10, that the God of all grace, who has called us into His eternal glory by Jesus Christ, after you have suffered awhile, made you perfect, stable, strengthened and settled you.  This is slightly paraphrased so don't look for a precise word for word quote, but it is pretty close.  These verses and many others, tell me I have a long way to go and the way is never easy...but I am willing to trudge along. 

END


No comments: