Thursday, April 19, 2012

TO RUSSIA WITH LOVE



I knew the homemade Split Pea Soup would never make it to the canner.  It is just so good.  It  won't last long.  It is in the fridge and I have polished off quiet a bit already.  Soo good.

Again I was out working in the yard and it looks nice.  I need to do some more work, but as they say, "The spirit is willing, but the body is not." Nature is at work and I need to take an Ibuprofen.  Thanks to the makers of Ibuprofen.

IN TIMES PAST
GOD SPOKE
IN PARTIAL AND
VARIOUS WAYS,
TO OUR ANCESTORS
THROUGH
THE PROPHETS;
IN THESE LAST DAYS
HE SPOKE TO US
THROUGH A SON,
WHOM HE MADE HEIR
TO ALL THINGS
AND THROUGH WHOM
HE CREATED
THE UNIVERSE.

Hebrews 1: 1-2

Does God still speak to us?  Are there any "modern prophets" about?  And if there are, would we, could we listen to them?

We are a pretty sceptical people that roam God's tumultious earth.  Chances are we would not listen to a prophet in these days any better than they were taken very seriously in the reign of Herod, or by the High Priest of the Synogog.  Oh, I take that back;  they were afraid of the prophet John and terriified by the coming of The King of the Jews. 

What about you and I?  What do we do to evangelize in these trying times as the churches...all churches, are being attacked and diminished from all quarters.  There is an old song entitled What Would You Do...if Jesus came to your house to spend some time with you?  You can still find this old gospel song on the Internet or on Utube, sung by Red Sovine(Sp) and others.  Well, that is the question...would you evangelize, teach or preach as a prophet or pull your neck in deeply, within it's shell?

As I ask this question, I ask myself the same question.  This small, poor blog is my little way to evangelize, but I don't really know what I would do if push were to come to shove.  I think we are in for a lot of shoving.

On another note: a lot of the readers of this poor missive come from Russia.  I don't know what they find in it.  I wish once in a while someone from Russia would post a comment.  Thank you, even if you don't or can not.

END






No comments: