Friday, April 27, 2012

OLIVE OIL VS. BABY OIL AND MUSIC

Olive Oil...yup, olive oil.  A week or so ago the TV carried a segment touting all the greatness of using Olive Oil on your face to enhance skin tone, repair damage, moisturizer the skin and all kinds of attributes.  While all that may be true...or nearly so, Olive Oil is a fairly expensive for the beautification of one's self.  Oh, but you may say, "I'm worth it."  Good, I hope you, your id and vanity stay on good terms and wrinkle free.

I, on the other hand, tout the benefits of simple Baby Oil which is far less expensive and will do everything that Olive Oil is said to do, and you won't walk around smelling like a yummy pizza.  I like pizza and a good salad oil, but not on my face or wearing it.  If you like Baby Oil..and I do...you will have a very nice fragrance and soft skin that almost glows, lighting up your natural tones.  It is easy to massage in right after a shower when your are still damp and you do not have that greasy feel.  I even do a hair/scalp treatment with Baby Oil and am pleased with that "new baby" fragrance.  Yup, I will keep my Baby Oil and the rest of the world can use the Olive Oil.  I will use my Olive Oil for cooking.

I continue to clean out my walk-in-closet and took a big bag of old uniforms and even big snow boots to the Salvation Army, for drop-off.  I will take another bag tomorrow or Monday.  I guess I will keep my old uniform tops because they are cool when working in the yard.  I am finding a few things that I forgot I had, but I said that, didn't I. It sounds like I have a lot of stuff, but what I have is a lot of useless accumulation and I say to myself, "Why did I ever save this junk?"  Out...most of goes and as this has been an ongoing process, I wonder if I will ever get it finished.

I asked my big sister if she would ask her husband to see about setting a couple of my poems to music...just simple music would be nice.  I only have a couple of those home grown poems that might lend themselves to music.  I am not very musical, but I can find middle C on a piano or organ, but not much more!  Stu, make some music!  You sing in the choir: make a joyful noise!


 
SING JOYFULLY TO GOD,
OUR STRENGTH;
ACCLAIM THE GOD
OF JACOB.
TAKE UP A MELODY,
AND SOUND THE TIMBREL,
THE PLEASANT HARP
AND THE LYRE.

Psalm 80: 1-3

Because I have been busy most of the afternoon I did stop and get a hamburger, coke and salad when I went to the Salvation Army.  It's been so long since I had a greasy hamburger...oh yum..oh joy..oh cholesterol!

END







No comments: