Saturday, April 28, 2012

Watch over me

I've been out shopping a little, did a return on some clothing, and finally found the shoe polish that I have been looking for.  Now I can start my little project and hope it turns out the way I have in mind.

I got up pretty early and just did some little things such as wash some things that I pulled out of the closet and did a little vacuuming in said closet.  A long way to go and a little at a time will get the job done.

I bought a half of an apple pie and ate half of the half which was pretty good and was made with Splenda.  Half of a half of an apple pie is about equal to a nice piece of pie.  I can not remember when I last had a piece of pie.  Dieting is a deprivation of the senses!

I will not write much tonight as I am tired.  I don't want to wake up so early, but sometimes I do.  So...if I am awake I might as well get up and start the day, even before the birds do.

DO NOT GIVE IN TO SADNESS,
TORMENT NOT YOURSELF
WITH BROODING;
GLADNESS OF THE HEART
IS THE VERY LIFE
OF MAN.
CHEERFULNESS
PROLONGS HIS DAYS.

Sirach 30: 21-22

Here is a passage in the Bible worth reading as it continues on.  It seems to me that often the most successful people are happy people, and when they are not, they climb up from their bended knees and carry on with a smile and a graceful continence.  While is isn't humanly possible to be cheerful and smiley all the time, the passage goes on to tell us to distract ourselves, be courageous, renew ourselves and kick old resentments and bad feelings to hell and back.  Yes, a good, swift kick to the Devil's interference in our lives and mores, and The Arch Angel Micheal will help you do and terrific punt.

I am not happy all the time.  There are days when I would just rather stay in bed and not be bothered by the every day trivial events of my journey, but I do get up and I do face the day. We can lift ourselves up in the Spirit and carry on.  And I enjoy the day and each breath I take.  I love the sun and the nature of the Son, for it is given to us and is there for us to bask in.  You know: Basking in the Son's sun. While I am not an expert on happiness and good cheer, for the most part, I accept what and who I am.  You should, too.  In many senses I generalize because I know that not all the people in our small world are far from free to be happy and without worry. and carry heavy burdens, but the joy of the Lord is internal...of the heart.  When you lift up your eyes to the Lord, you lift up your spirit and love to God.  And He sees you. He hears you.  He loves you in return.  And He smiles down upon you for the fruit of the Spirit is JOY.

I always say I'm not going to write much and then I get wound up and carried away.  Sorry...sort of.

END

No comments: